Merry Mug Rug Blog Hop



Hello!  I'm so excited that today is my stop on Ellison Lane's Merry Mug Rug Blog Hop. 
I love to make mug rugs for little presents and today I have an easy one for you that you can quickly make multiples of.  Never underestimate the impact of basic patchwork, it's a classic for a reason!


I'm not going to give you an in-depth tutorial here, I'm just going to tell you to cut a lot of 2.5" squares.  You will need 20 for each mug rug.  I used a combination of some cute, fussy cut Christmas motifs and near solids/prints to balance them out.

 * The best part about this size is that you can bind it with one WOF (42-44") x 2.5" strip, so no joining binding strips necessary!

mug rugs make cute placemats for the kids table, too!



I love to tuck these into a mug with a gift card and/or a candy bar or hot chocolate mix.  They make great gifts for teachers and we have a lot this year.  Main teachers, teacher assistants, piano teacher, gymboree teacher and Sunday school teacher!  I told you I cut a lot of 2.5" squares.


I had to show you a close up of the chocolates!  I found them at Target and they say "May this chocolate bring you peace (and quiet) these holidays, if only for a moment."  Great stuff for teacher or mom friend gifts, and easy enough to write or print it yourself and slip over a bar of chocolate.

We also usually tuck a little note in there that says something like "we hope you enjoy your little mug rug, we like to use these for a drink and a snack at our desk.  It's completely washable and dryer safe, so don't worry about spills."  I figure those outside of the online quilty world probably haven't come across too many mug rugs!  But I think they are so useful for everyone and make a thoughtful little gift.


Thanks so much for joining me on the blog hop today.  I hope you found some crafty inspiration for the Holidays!



 xo, Courtney



Comments

  1. Super cute and great ideas about things to include for gifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your patchwork Courtney! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mug rug is so colorful and fun! Great idea to include it with a mug and chocolate! Awesome job! Now I'm off to Target and find those candy bars, hehe.

    usairdoll(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mug rug and gift idea! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your patchwork coordinates great with the mug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea!! I have just the persons to make a set for!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Great idea - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love mug rugs and yours are so sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the idea for gifts and the saying in the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute love the note and saying idea. I'm going to make this weekend for gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts